A Blue Trail (also known as water trail) is a dedicated stretch of river that enjoys special clean water safeguards and is a destination for fishing, boating and other recreation. Just as hiking trails are designed to help people explore the land, blue trails help people discover rivers. Blue trails provide a fun, exciting way to get kids outdoors, connect communities to treasured landscapes, and are economic drivers benefiting local businesses and quality of life. Blue Trails become a community resource.
Trail opportunities abound in the 4 Rivers region. Initial ideas:
- Quaboag: East Brookfield to Warren
- This trail is moving forward now!
- sample map chicopee-Quaboag-map-brochure-6-8-17-002
- Ware: South Barre to Gilbertville to Ware
- Swift: Bondsville to Three Rivers
- Chicopee: Red Bridge to Ludlow/Wilbraham/IO, Oxford Marsh
So far we have teams on the Chicopee in very early stages of trail review.