- Lower Chicopee storm water project. Bacteria sampling.
- The main purpose of this project was to identify storm water inputs which impact water quality. The design for this project began in 2015 with site identification. Project field work resumed May 2016, collecting data at 17 sites to identify “hot spots.” Chicopee River 604 B DRAFT Final Report 7-12-17
- Stream Temperature study (2017 Adopt a Stream)
- we have spirit thermometers and pH strips for use by volunteers to perform weekly readings at designated sites.
- Recreational Bacteria study
- 2015 -With funding in place, we sampled at 3 sites along each of the Quaboag and Chicopee Rivers. July thru September. See report below.
- 2016 – We expanded our sites list to 13 along ALL 4 Rivers of the watershed, Many towns are supporting this effort! Report below.
- 2017 – C4R is again performed sampling, expanded to 7 events, June-September at 10 sites. Report below.
- C4R is planning a baseline survey of select streams using a multi-parameter meter to monitor pH, conductivity, temperature and DO.
- Stream continuity-crossings surveys
- These surveys measure and record the condition of road stream crossings. Plan is to assemble 2-3 person teams and spend a few hours to visit selected sites.
If you wish to volunteer contact C4RWC
2015 Bacteria sampling C4RWC 2015 Bac-T report a
2016 Bacteria sampling c4rwc-2016-bac-t-report-final
2017 Bacteria sampling C4RWC 2017 Bac-T report