- Lower Chicopee storm water project. Bacteria sampling.
- The main purpose of this project is to identify storm water inputs which impact water quality. The design for this project began in 2015 with site identification. Project field work resumed May 2016, collecting data at 17 sites to identify “hot spots.” Actions on how to enhance water quality in the lower river basin are being evaluated and preliminary design recommendations are being formulated. Report in process, due July 2017. C4R is partnered with PVPC.
- Stream Temperature study (2017 Adopt a Stream)
- we have spirit thermometers and pH strips for use by volunteers to perform weekly readings at designated sites.
- Recreational Bacteria study
- 2015 -With funding in place, we sampled at 3 sites along each of the Quaboag and Chicopee Rivers. July thru September. See cover story.
- 2016 – We are expanding our sites list to 13 along ALL 4 Rivers of the watershed, Many towns are supporting this effort! Thanks. Begins June 30, look for results at http://www.connecticutriver.us/site/content/sites-list
- 2017 – C4R is again performing sampling, expanding to 7 events, June-September at 10 sites.
- C4R will also begin a baseline survey of select streams using a multi-parameter meter this summer, 2016. More in 2017.
- Stream continuity-crossings surveys
- These surveys measure and record the condition of road stream crossings. Plan is to assemble 2-3 person teams and spend a few hours to visit selected sites.
If you wish to volunteer contact C4RWC
2015 Bacteria sampling C4RWC 2015 Bac-T report a
2016 Bacteria sampling c4rwc-2016-bac-t-report-final