- Lower Chicopee storm water project. Bacteria sampling.
- Project resumed May 2016, collecting data on how to enhance water quality in the lower river basin. Report in process Feb 2017.
- Stream Temperature study (2017 Adopt a Stream)
- we have digital thermometers and pH strips for use by volunteers to perform weekly readings at designated sites. We started in May 2016 on nearly 20 sites and will run thru October.
- Recreational Bacteria study
- 2015 -With funding in place, we sampled at 3 sites along each of the Quaboag and Chicopee Rivers. July thru September. See cover story.
- 2016 – We are expanding our sites list to 13 along ALL 4 Rivers of the watershed, Many towns are supporting this effort! Thanks. Begins June 30, look for results at http://www.connecticutriver.us/site/content/sites-list
- 2017 – C4R will again perform sampling, expanding to 7 events, June-September. Will need sampling volunteers.
- C4R will also begin a baseline survey of select streams using a multi-parameter meter this summer, 2016. More is 2017.
- Stream continuity-crossings surveys
- These surveys measure and record the condition of road stream crossings. Plan is to assemble 2-3 person teams and spend a few hours to visit selected sites.
If you wish to volunteer contact C4RWC
2015 Bacteria sampling C4RWC 2015 Bac-T report a
2016 Bacteria sampling c4rwc-2016-bac-t-report-final